The Adventist International School Geneva (AIS) is a Christian Bilingual school set up to provide a wholistic Christ-centred education. As an international school affiliated to the Seventh Day Adventist Church, AIS aims to provide children an education that will prepare them to serve not only in this lifetime but throughout eternity. Are you looking to use your talents to make lasting impact upon a generation? The Adventist International School Geneva (AIS) is now accepting applications for the position of a Volunteer School Director.
The School Director provides day to day oversight on the running of the school, ensuring fidelity to the ethos upon which the school is founded chief among which is ensuring delivery of a Christ-centred and focused education. Core tasks include effective management of the school and ensuring supervision and support for all staff at AIS.
The role of the Director encompasses the following key aspects:
1. Educational Management in cooperation with the Educational Director
2. Operations Management/Supervision
3. Recruitment of Staff
4. Governance of the School
5. Communications Management
6. Fiscal Management
Experience and person specification
• Must be a baptised member of the Seventh Adventist Church who is in good standing with the Church.
• Proven experience in or knowledge of non-profit leadership.
• Possess experience in Swiss education system.
• Substantial knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations.
• Familiarity with current best practices in independent schools.
• Possess knowledge on financial processes, ability to prepare, justify and manage budgets; monitoring expenditures and using cost-benefit thinking to set priorities.
• Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills. Ability to think strategically and synthesize complex information.
• Ability to generate creative solutions and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
• Ability to balance priorities and meet hard deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently in a multitasking environment employing organizationally sound decision-making.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills facilitating work with all constituencies of the school community.
• Possesses ability to manage difficult situations and maintain confidentiality.
• Inspires respect and trust; displays passion and optimism.
• Enjoys being an active team member of an administrative team.
• Strives to continually build knowledge/skills and share expertise with others.
• Great presentation and communication skills of English and French
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with curriculum development and developmentally based educational programs.
For more information about the school please visit www.aisgeneva.ch
Please send application, motivation and recommendation letter (from your local church pastor) to the following email address: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Laissez votre commentaire